For Parents


General Information
Long Island Addiction Resource Center
Teen Substance Use & Risks
Make a Difference: Talk to Your Children About Alcohol
Parents to Prevent Childhood Alcohol Use
Talk to Your High School Grads About Celebrating Safely
National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA)
National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM)
American Addiction Centers
Drug Test Your Teen
College Drinking
The Herren Project

HOTLINES: free, anonymous and confidential telephone supports, available 24/7
Response Crisis Hotline: 631-751-7500
LICADD Substance Abuse Hotline: 631-979-1700
Talbot House, Substance Abuse Crisis: 631-589-4144
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
NYS HOPEline: 1-877-846-7369
Huntington Hotline: 631-549-8700

Local Counseling Resources
Youth Directions and Alternatives (YDA): 631-261-7901
Huntington Drug and Alcohol: 631-271-3591
Huntington Sanctuary Project: 631-271-2183
Gooding Wellness: 631-351-2940

*If you are treatment provider interested in having your contact information posted here, please contact

Substance Abuse Treatment Resources
What is Substance Abuse Treatment?
Directory of Behavioral Health Services – Suffolk County
SAMHSA Treatment Locator
Alcoholics Anonymous 
Long Island Committee of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Marijuana Anonymous
Addiction Group

For Families
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Happens in the Best of Families

Alcohol Awareness Month Resources
How to Talk Your Kids About Alcohol, According to Substance Abuse Experts
Parents Modeling Key to Teenage Drinking
Parents are Role Models
Parenting to Prevent Childhood Alcohol Use
Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Underage Drinking
How to Address Underage Drinking
Talking to Teens: Expert Tips for Parents Teenagers

Law Enforcement Resources
Suffolk County Police: 631-854-8200
Northport Village Police: 631-261-7500
Asharoken Village Police: 631-261-7400
Report drug use or sales: 631-852-NARC
Report a party before it starts: 631-852-KEGS
Report a party while it is happening: 1-866-UNDER21