1LIFE is a student-led Northport/East Northport Community Drug and Alcohol Task Force. We are focused on tackling real-life issues. We are dedicated to making our Community a healthier, safer place by raising awareness about Drug and Alcohol use and misuse for underage youth; addressing Environment Concerns; and educating our peers on overall Mental Health.
We work hard to further our mission to Learn, Inspire, Fulfill and Empower within our community.
If you know a Student, Grades 9 -12 who is interested in joining us, please have them contact us thru the "Join Now" form located on the tab above. We meet weekly after school for (1) hour.
- Wellness Week
- Participation at the Northport/East Northport Chamber of Commerce Trade Show
- Mental Health Awareness Day
- Digital Citizenship Workshop for fifth graders
- Sunday Self-Care Swap
- Coping Skills Retreat
- Annual Beach Clean Up / Environmental Scan
- Medication Collections, hosted by the Northport-East Northport Libraries
- April’s Alcohol Awareness Month Social Media Campaign
- Vaping PSA and district-wide Middle School competition
- Art of Empathy (workshop), presented by Huntington Drug & Alcohol Counseling Center
- Managing Your Emotions in the Digital World, presented by Lisa Ganz, LCSW
- Pizza Party for Social Change
- Harbor Park for a day of bonding with peers
- Interview with Linda Ventura from the Thomas Hope Foundation
We are grateful for all of our school and community partners
who are part of making our community a happy, healthy place!
Follow @1LIFEnpt on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date.